Sunday, April 08, 2007

Shower in Austin

Me and my soon to be Sister -in-law


Evan and I sitting in the hot seat aboout to open gifts and be asked a lot of questions.Our first shower was about a week and a half ago, it was such a blur I am very glad that people took pictures. These two are from Evan's sister Monnia (in the first pic) but when I get more I will add them to the blog!
Both Evan and I were very overwhelmed by the turnout and all the gifts and how beautiful everything was. There was a "howdy" theme and out cake had a pink and brown boot on it... I think that the cake had been devoured by the time I got around to it but I am not much a fan so it was ok. Evan's favorite thing was that it was catered by Rudy's BBQ and it was a couples party so a lot of his buddies had come out to support us and hang out with him.
Its weird how sitting, smiling, opening gifts, hugging, shaking hands, and letting people wait on you can be so exhausting. By the time that the last person left and we had all the presents packed up I was zapped of all energy.
I am very thankful that my parents came up and helped with all of that ... They pretty much are the best parents in the whole entire universe.
Once I got back to Houston my mom and I went through all of my gifts and it was so exciting to really get to look at the lovely things people had purchased for us. I just could not believe how generous everyone was!
So the first shower is done and we made it through... and I think Evan even enjoyed himself a little. I had a great time! I just hope I dont get quized on names.

No comments: